Built in 1800-07, demolished in 1935.
The Church of St. Nicholas the Good was located at the foot of the historic Uppertown, across the street from the still existing Church of the Pokrova or Intercession of the Holy Virgin (No. 7 Zelinskoho Street). The history of this church building dates back to the end of the sixteenth century when Hetman Samlilo Kishka, in memory of his liberation from Turkish captivity, built the wooden Church of St. Nicholas. At the same time, next to the church, a hospital for the old and the poor was built. Thus the church received its appellation from the adjoining hospital.
In 1706 a Baroque masonry building replaced the wooden church of St. Nicholas the Good. Next to it a short belfry of Muscovite style was built by an unknown Russian architect in 1716. The Baroque church was replaced in 1800-07 by a large neo-classical building designed by architect A. Melenskyi and funded by the local merchant Sukhota. The single dome neo-classical church had a main western facade of a classical portico framed by two towers. Its curved iconostasis was one of the best works of that period.
Since the Church of St. Nicholas was located on the edge of the Lowertown, far away from the Podil's core, there was no major reconstruction envisioned for this area. Nevertheless, sometime in 1935, the neo-classical building was demolished. The adjoining Muscovite belfry was preserved. As in the case of other demolished landmarks, no information is available on the details or circumstances of the dismantlement of the Church of St. Nicholas the Good.
In 1963 St. Nicholas' belfry (No. 6 Zelinskoho Street) was listed in the registry of the architectural landmarks of the Ukrainian S.S.R.