The church was built in the 1730s, the church and belfry demolished in the late 1920s.
The church building dedicated to these two Saints was located in the northwestern end of Podil, on the corner of Shchekavytska and Kyrylivska Sts.
The history of the Church of Sts. Constantine and Helen goes back to the seventeenth century when Hetman Khmelnytskyi expropriated the land from the Roman Catholic Church. Kievan burghers built a wooden church on the site which was destroyed in the 1726 fire. In 1734 Burgomeister Myntsevych built a new masonry church and in 1747-57 a masonry belfry and a gallery around the church were constructed by architect Hryhorovych-Barskyi. In the 17503 the same architect also built a church addition which was later converted into St. Demetrius Chapel.
The three story Baroque belfry had a chapel dedicated to the memory of Danylo Tuptalo on its second floor. Danylo Tuptalo (Metropolitan Dmytro Rostovskyi) was the son of Sava Tuptalo, Captain of the Kiev Regiment, whose Podil residence was near the still existing church of St. Nicholas Prytyska.
Of the entire complex of Sts. Constantine and Helen, only those walls of the Hryhorovych- Barskyi chapel without the cupola were preserved. The Soviet architectural historians M. Tsapenko and H. Lohvyn both highly praise the architecture of the remains of this structure (No. 1 Shchekavytska Street).
Since Fedir Ernst does not mention the Church of Sts. Constantine and Helen or its belfry in his description of Podil in the 1930s, one can only surmise that the two architectural landmarks were demolished before 1930.The remains of the Hryhorovych-Barskyi addition (St. Demetrius Chapel) were listed in the Ukrainian Republic's registry of architectural landmarks in 1963.