Built in 1889-90, demolished in the late 1920s or early 1930s.
In 1870, in connection with Russian Emperor Alexander II's visit to Kiev, the Imperial Palace (now the Mariyinskyi Palace) was restored by architect K. Ya. Mayevskyi in Rococo style. With the restoration of the Palace, service buildings were built adjacent to it (at No. 7 and No. 22 Kirova Street) and much later the Church of St. Alexander Nevskyi was constructed. Designed in the pseudo-Byzantine style by architect V. Nikolayev, the eclectic Church of St. Alexander was built off Oleksandrivska (now Kirova) Street, in the park on the edge of the former parade grounds in front of the Imperial Palace. The design of the Church of St. Alexander reflected the pseudo- Byzantine architecture of the Collegiate Church of St. Volodymyr then under construction. It was one of the many churches of that style built in the second half of the nineteenth century.
There is no published information about the demolition of the Church of St. Alexander. One can only guess about the time when it was dismantled. It might have been demolished in early 1934, in connection with the proposal developed by Pavlo Alioshyn to locate the Capital Center adjacent to the Imperial Palace, on the site of the former parade grounds, now the Mariyinskyi Park. By the mid-1930s the Church of St. Alexander, like many other places of worship built in the nineteenth century, disappeared.